Hats off to Bruce and Samantha and Seagrove



When I read about Bulldog Pottery (Seagrove potters Bruce Gholson and Samantha Henneke) being honored recently as Artists of the Year, I decided to honor them with a cup of tea, using a mug they gave me for my 50th birthday during the first sales day of Celebration of Seagrove Potters. The mug's simple design and understated elegance exemplify their work; it's became a favorite to drink my morning coffee from.

Speaking of Celebration of Seagrove Potters, there's a news release on the website about donating some of the proceeds from the 2008 Celebration to two community schools and the Seagrove Library.


Speaking of Seagrove, there's a reception this weekend at the North Carolina Pottery Center in honor of the Owen/Owens family traditions of pottery making in Seagrove. I've heard that there may be some good musicians coming down from the mountains to play. Click here for information about the reception and exhibition.

Hats off to the potters of Seagrove!

Michael

Popular Posts