I have reached a point in building my Manabigama where I feel comfortable taking a break and making some pots. I spent the day building about a third of the chimney to the point where I will corbel the brick and construct a smaller version which will extend through the roof of the kiln shed.
I had been carrying brick to another potter and using his wet saw, but today I changed to a diamond bit on my Makita circular saw and took advantage of a misty day that kept the dust down to a minimum. I still used a heavy duty mask and goggles.
Tomorrow, it's back to making pots for my kiln opening next weekend.
The kiln is ready for iron bracing now. And I'm ready for a break.