Salted Lumber Available to Potters?



According to a news story by BBC News, there's more than 1,000 tonnes of lumber floating off the UK, resulting from a mishap at sea. I'm wondering what happens to all that lumber as it washes ashore. It might make for some nice fuel for potters. Photo at right is from BBC News.

Someone from the Coastguard said the wood might wash ashore between Brighton and Newhaven beginning on Tuesday. Flotsam or jetsam?

Here's a link to the article.

In other news, Mary unloaded the first big load of cups for the Uwharrie Run, and now she's cleaning up some more cups so I can glaze them and reload. I've got to throw six more plates for the winners of the race and decorate six that I threw yesterday. But first, I want to glaze and load the kiln.

For those of you interested, here's my kiln room: two 10-cubic-foot and one smaller
electric kilns. As you can tell, I use the one in the back for a shelf most of the time.

Popular Posts