Potter Joe Foster in Hospital




Seagrove Potter Joe Foster was in intensive care in a hospital earlier this week. I learned via an email earlier this week, and thought I'd share a movie clip I made of him at the Celebration of Seagrove Potters Nov. 22. The clip is of him explaining about Skillet, a character he created and brought to life in the form of a face jug. He explained to me the day before the Celebration that he has several characters that he creates, and that he makes just one at a time until it sells.

The piece he sold at the auction has a black eye and a blue glaze dripping over a portion of it. Joe told me that he accidently used the blue glaze somehow, and decided this rendering of the character Skillet would need a story to incorporate the blue glaze.

So, this particular "Skillet" not only got a frying pan slammed across his head for complaining to his wife about the pancakes one morning, but got blueberry syrup poured on him as well.

I'm sorry to say that I don't have a picture of Skillet. If anyone out there reading this has a picture, how about sharing it.

And if you know how Joe is doing, I'd really like to know.

Popular Posts