Fall Forgiveness



I was doing a yoga pose about mid-morning today, bending my upper torso to the left and twisting my head so that I looked straight up toward the sky. It was a very blue sky, with no clouds visible and three bent, dry, colorful leaves fluttered by 20 or 30 feet above me. I held my position and the leaves left my line of vision, leaving just blue sky, and the thought occurred to me, "Wouldn't it be nice if forgiveness came as easily as those leaves that just fluttered past me?"

There's a great set of articles by The Courier-Tribune staff writer Mary Anderson on both festivals occurring in Seagrove this coming weekend. I couldn't find the articles online yet, but the link to their website is http://www.courier-tribune.com. The article on the Celebration of Seagrove Potters - which most of the Seagrove potters are attending - did have one error. Our auctions are Friday night and Saturday afternoon, not Sunday. That one's easy to forgive. Other things are more difficult.

Forgiveness is one of my greatest personal challenges. When faced with the challenge, and when I am ready, I usually begin by being willing to forgive. And if that's too difficult I begin by being willing to be willing.

Michael

Popular Posts