Shipping the first 32 bowls



Thirty-two foot-soaking bowls ready to ship



We wrapped up 32 foot-soaking bowls and placed them in boxes Monday afternoon. Originally, we were going to deliver them, but the client said they had someone who would come and pick them up and drive them back to New York today. Well, we got a call from some shipper who wanted to send them UPS. They weren't wrapped for UPS. They were wrapped for a dedicated drive from here to the hotel, someone who would take care of them. When we ship UPS we always double box.

So, we're waiting to hear from someone on when they will be picked up, or perhaps my son, Levi, will drive them up in a rental truck. Meanwhile, we're putting together another 10 bowls tomorrow, and I'll be starting another ten in the afternoon. I just don't see how I'm going to get 85 done by July 15.

I've gone back to the original clay now. I had decided to add some grog and kyanite to the clay to help with some joint cracks, but I've had some other cracks in the grogged clay, and I don't like the finish of the grogged clay. I think I just need to take care when joining them.

I'm looking forward to a bit of cooler weather later this week.

Popular Posts