Thursday, July 15, 2010

New Tools


My new Kuhn-Rikon Original Peelers



I had three of my foot-soaking bowls that busted in the kiln. I think it was the rain we've been having that caused the pieces to dry slower. I've got quite a few pieces that didn't make it through the firing. Mary says I should make a waterfall for the garden out of them. Now, there's an idea. Several of them just lost the feet on the bottom.

I'm sick and tired of these bowls, and I'm just on the other side of the halfway point. I threw 10 platter sections today, and then I attempted to throw a large bulbous pot, but it flopped. The clay was too soft.

On a more positive note, I got a set of new tools the other day in the mail. I'd long ago bought this vegetable peeler somewhere, and it's come in handy for a number of things that need trimming, off the wheel. I've been using it during the foot-soaking project to trim the edges of the two pieces so they fit well. The one I've been using is wearing out, so I finally found them online. I ordered three for $10 plus $5 shipping.

If any potters out there want to give them a try just click here.




video
blog comments powered by Disqus