Sunday, July 18, 2010

I made something other than a Foot-soaking Bowl




Here's a pot that I created when I was attempting join a freshly thrown section to a drier section when making foot-soaking bowls last week. I was trying to cut out adding coils of clay to two previously thrown sections that were at the "leather hard" stage of drying. The wetter section wasn't cooperating, so I just kept stretching it out and had a very wide bulbous shape to which I added the top section the next day. I decided to stamp a few trees inside the vase once it firmed up a bit. The piece is close to 20 inches wide. I'm not sure how I'll glaze it.
blog comments powered by Disqus