Busy Day and I'm Happy


Nailing siding, taking care of customers, unloading a kiln, putting handles on jugs. It was a busy day.
Chelsea and Wil were helping out with the tool shed. I often get antsy when people are working for me, even my children. So, I was feeling antsy today, but I was reminded to slow down and take it easy when the tip of my finger touched the spinning blade of my circular saw. I didn't touch the cutting edge, just the flat part of the blade, but I don't think I've ever done that before.
When the kiln finally cooled enough, I unloaded some nice pieces. Here's a few shots of a favorite, a four-pound bowl that I blogged about earlier. It's been impressed with a pinch pot that my youngest son, Levi, designed. The lip was curled around, which gives it a nice look. The glaze is K151 (Richard Zakin's book), fired down between 1900 and 1400 degrees. Clay body is Earthen Red from Highwater. Inside glaze is a new glaze I developed using apple ash, rock dust and local clay.





And then a couple of shots of some new mugs, glazed with the apple ash outside and chun red inside:



Inner Peace

Popular Posts