Whirrrrr-Zzzzzzzip Plunk! Plunk!



I've got three pallets of pallet parts I'm cutting to size for the wood-fired kiln this week in between decorating some large soul pots and loading and firing an electric kiln which has two sinks I've made for a hotel in Geneva Switzerland along with some soul pots and some teapots and little mugs to go with them, and a large tree platter.

Whirrrrrr-zzzzip. Plunk! Plunk! (Two thick boards cut in two with my DeWalt chop saw and tossed into the wheel barrow.) Whirrrrr-zzzzzzip. Plunk! Plunk! (Two more....)


The sinks are glazed with two different glazes layered together that the client picked from several tests. The tests were dipped in glaze; the sinks are sprayed with glaze, two different methods of applying glaze that result in slightly different effects, so I'm hoping the client likes the sprayed sinks.


Returning an empty wheel barrow to my cutting area after stacking the boards near the kiln, I noticed a beautiful butterfly on the saw. I took a break and photographed him as he flitted about, landing here and there, pumping his wings, "tasting" the sawdust with his curly little antenna thing.

Then I got back to work:

Whirrrrrrrr-zzzzzzzzip. Plunk! Plunk!




Popular Posts