Back to Work in North Carolina

Finished shed in Ireland
Well, I've been back to work for a couple of weeks now since we got back from our trip to Ireland. We succeeded in erecting my 23 1/2-foot by 10-foot metal shed, insulating it, laying a concrete floor and pad outside, and installing a small wood stove. And I also bought 650 heavy duty fire brick. So, next year, we'll be building a kiln if all goes as planned. I love the trees in Ireland. Don't get me wrong. We have some beautiful trees here in the U.S., but for some reason, the trees of Ireland strike a chord in me that inspires. I made several pieces since I've been back to work here, and one in particular was inspired by a tree I saw in Ireland (I can't remember where I took the picture). I'll share some photos:
A lovely Irish tree
 
Here it is on a pot.
This Lime tree in Ireland was just a mass of brances at its base.

Lime trees, also called Linden or Basswood

Popular Posts