'Clay and Blogs' pots


Levi and I unloaded the wood kiln today and chose six pots to go to the "Clay and Blogs" show in Southern Pines (opening reception this Friday). There were some nice pots from potters I recognized and potters I didn't. Then there were pots from potters I have met online. I'm looking forward to meeting some of my fellow bloggers this Friday during the reception at Campbell House (6 to 8 p.m.).

I quickly took pictures of the pieces I was taking to the show, and here's a few of the better shots. They all came out of the kiln this morning. Now, it's back to firing some pots in the electric kiln to get ready for our kiln opening this Saturday.


Preserve jar with porcelain slip and sgrafitto
decoration of pine bough




Small vase (Levi's) with ash and flashing
from the kiln




Vase with porcelain slip and sgrafitto,
autumn tree




Vase with alberta slip glaze and
natural ash from kiln


Popular Posts