Metal work completed


Jerry Darnell of Mill Creek Forge and Blacksmith Shop just down the road from me did my metal work for my new kiln the other day, but it took me a couple of days to get the pictures uploaded and edited because of some software update issues that are playing havoc on my Mac.

If you're in the area, please stop by his shop on Busbee Road. He's got some great items in stock and a few pots on display as well. You'll probably find him shaping a piece of iron on his anvil. He's always at work.

It took a day and a half to create what I wanted, and Jerry worked hard, while I helped out as much as possible. It's hard work lifting and moving the 1/4-inch angle iron in his small workspace, which is not set up as a welding facility.

"I went to school so I wouldn't have to do this kind of work," he said as perspiration dripped down his face. "My father did this kind of work for a living. It's hard work."

Thanks, Jerry.

Jerry disappeared into one of his many rooms inside the self-built wooden structure to cut something on his band saw.


Here he's cutting some metal with a torch.


Grinding metal with an electric grinder.


MIG welding. MIG - Metal Inert Gas. Some hot stuff.


Popular Posts