Goblet Work Leads to New Shape


Two weeks ago, I threw the pieces and put together 14 goblets of varying size and shape. A lovely couple with roots in Ireland ordered 12 goblets, six being one shape and six, another. I fired them and the couple chose two designs.


Today, I finished putting 14 goblets together, seven of one shape and seven of another, shapes that are close enough to the design that the couple chose, I hope.



........................................................................................



I made one new shape - the goblet above - flanked in the picture by two small bowls, one on the left made from clay from the banks of Cabin Creek, and one on the right - from clay I scooped up on a walk through our land. The Cabin Creek clay is from a trip up the creek I took the other day with Chelsea, Wil and Mary.

Popular Posts