Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Inside the kiln


The weather was crap today for unloading my first firing, but I went ahead on schedule. I had to work in the rain and secure a big piece of black plastic and some tin around the kiln to keep the driving rain from soaking everything.

Everyone was pleased with the results. Two large platters came out beautiful, but the one extra thick one that I set on its side cracked, as well as a nice bottle in the front. We had some beautiful results, and I'll share some individual pictures, but for now, here's what we found when we opened up the kiln.


I had already taken out several small pots through the stoke hole.


Big platter that cracked on the left



Well done. Cheers.


blog comments powered by Disqus