Friday, February 8, 2013

Free Wood for Rebeccas


Some of my pallet wood

I've been getting wood for my wood kiln from a local pallet refurbisher who gives me tons of boards - oak, poplar, pine and other hardwoods. He doesn't charge me anything, so I asked him if I could make him a pot in exchange. He said his wife collects Rebecca pitchers, so I said I'd make her a Rebecca pitcher.

Having never made a Rebecca pitcher, I searched for images online and found quite a few pictures of both old and new versions of this popular form of traditional pottery. There are quite a few Seagrove potters who still make this shape.

Here's a couple of pictures of old and new Rebecca pitchers, followed by four pitchers that I created recently which will be fired in the next wood firing we do here sometime in February.

C.C. Cole

Catawba Indian

Royal Crown Pottery

Seagrove Rebeccas

My Rebeccas

blog comments powered by Disqus