Taking a Break - sort of

Someone once told me Sundays should be a day off, but that doesn't seem to work here. I'm working on 40 more foot-soaking bowls for an order. These bowls take a bit of time to make as they are two pieces. I make the bottoms one day, the tops the next day, trim the bottoms the next day and put them together the next day. Sometimes, I can trim bottoms the same day I make tops.

So, I sort of took part of the day off today by making some pots for myself to fire in the wood-fired kiln - some two-piece pots, as I'm currently in two-piece mode. Then I spent the afternoon trimming and covering bottoms for the foot-soaking bowls.

Two two-piece bottles and vases amid the mess

Parts covered and ready to be put together tomorrow
And here's a condensed video of me making the bottom to a foot-soaking bowl using 16 pounds of clay:



Popular Posts