I thought I'd share the latest in the evolution of foot-soaking bowls at From the Ground Up. I'm now throwing the 18-inch wide, 8-inch high bowls in two pieces and joining them at the leather-hard stage. One concern I've had is making a strong joint, this connection being at the widest point of the bowl. I've placed coils on either side of the seam, but the outer coil causing the piece to bulge a bit there, so I decided to create a space for the coil to fit on the outside. It worked well, and I think I'll continue to use this method for the rest of the pieces, but that all depends on what happens during the firings.
I used a sharp knife to cut a small groove
in the edge of the bowl.
Bottom of bowl (a large platter) added.