A Few Pictures of Pots from the Firing



A tall bottle by Levi

We had some really nice results from our last firing. Got some nice shades of red and orange flashing on some pots. We did lose two bowls due to cracking and a tall bottle that cracked. I took some pictures and I made a slideshow from them to put on my blog. I couldn't upload it to my blog, so I'm trying YouTube. Let me know what you think of the photos. I'll upload them on my Facebook page eventually with a more detailed report of the firing.

There's a picture of a "salt shino" glazed tree mug you'll see. We've decided to call the glaze "scum shino" as it has a habit of coming out of the kiln with a dry scum that can be partially sanded off. I don't know what that's about. There's also a couple of pots from potter Phillip Pollett of Seagrove. You'll probably be able to tell which are his.



Popular Posts